Auto Defect Lawyer in Charleston
Let Us Fight for Your Compensation - (843) 968-0886
Whether it’s on the street or the freeway, one of the most frightening experiences one can endure is a malfunction in your motor vehicle as you’re driving, especially if it results in serious injury or even death. While facing expensive medical treatment and car repairs, you’re wondering why you should pay for the consequences of the car accident.
At Pierce, Sloan, Kennedy & Early LLC, we are dedicated to helping those injured due to a defective auto part recover the compensation they deserve. Our Charleston auto defect attorneys possess the extensive knowledge of the South Carolina legal system and court proceedings, we will tirelessly pursue the best possible outcome on your behalf while you make a full recovery from your injuries.
Injured in an accident caused by a defective auto part? Complete an online form or call (843) 968-0886 to schedule a consultation with an auto defect attorney in Charleston at Pierce, Sloan, Kennedy & Early LLC.
Are Manufacturers Liable for Car Accidents?
If you suffered injuries in a car accident that was caused by a defective part in your automobile, the liability may be attached to the manufacturer. Manufacturers have a responsibility to ensure that their vehicle or auto part meets a high standard of safety and will most likely not cause harm to consumers. Unfortunately, there are cases when auto manufacturers overlook this in order to get their vehicles or auto parts on the market quicker.
There are three types of general auto defects:
- Design defects
- Manufacturing defects
- Warning / label defects -- there is nothing wrong with the design or manufacturing of the car or product, but the manufacturer did not warn consumers that there may be some dangers involved with the product or driving the car
Types of Auto Part Defects Matters We Handle
Auto parts manufacturing companies have a responsibility to American consumers by providing a product that will adequately work and ensure safety. Product liability claims involving automobiles can be structured against the designer or manufacturer. However, it can also involve a car dealership used car dealer, or shipper.
Common types of defective auto parts include the following:
- Gas pedal defects which cause a car to suddenly accelerate
- Defective brakes which fail to bring an automobile to a stop
- Defective tires, resulting in blowouts
- Driver’s side floor mats which get stuck under the accelerator pedal, causing a crash
- Issues which prevent airbags from deploying upon a collision
- Seatbelts that fail to lock up or become unlatched during an accident
- Child safety seat issues
- Issues with electronic systems
- Issues with engine cooling system
Call Us at (843) 968-0886 Today!
After your accident, it’s imperative that you DO NOT make any repairs to your vehicle or scrap it at the junkyard. Your vehicle is the single most important piece of evidence in your case. Our firm can conduct our own investigation into your case, gather and analyze the evidence in order to determine who and what is truly at fault for your injuries. Speak with experienced Charleston automotive defect lawyers today.
Contact our firm and schedule your free consultation with a Charleston auto defect lawyer.