Charleston SUV Rollover Accident Lawyers
Injured in an SUV Rollover Accident in Charleston?
Rollover accidents involving sport utility vehicles and passenger vans have caused thousands of deaths and injuries across the U.S. in recent years. Despite well-documented design flaws, some manufacturers have not done all they can to make these popular vehicles safe. Our team is passionate about standing up for our clients in these types of cases.
The Charleston auto accident attorneys of Pierce, Sloan, Kennedy & Early LLC have earned significant legal victories for victims of rollover accidents in South Carolina and beyond. Trial lawyer Carl E. Pierce leads our product liability practice against makers of SUVs, Jeeps, and vans. Call us for a free initial consultation.
Why Do SUVs Continue to Cause Injuries and Death?
A high center of gravity and narrow wheel base make an SUV or 15-passenger van much more likely to tip, flip, or roll, instead of skidding. Automakers have made improvements, but thousands of people are still injured in SUV, van, and Jeep rollovers because of design and component flaws.
These flaws include:
- Roof crush — In some vehicles, the roof supports or the roof itself crumple when the vehicle overturns, potentially causing catastrophic spinal injury or head trauma. The crashworthiness of the passenger cab can mean the difference between permanent disability and walking away with minor injuries.
- Vehicle instability — SUVs are often highly unstable in sudden swerves, causing the vehicle to veer sharply into incoming traffic or launching the vehicle airborne in a violent roll or “end over end” flip. Manufacturers have not implemented available traction control technology in all models.
- Tire blowout — We have sued tire manufacturers for tread separation and other design flaws that start the chain of events when an SUV tire explodes.
- Fuel-fed fires — Faulty gas tank design often causes severe burn and explosion injuries after impact.
- Older and recalled vans and SUVs — Millions of earlier models of SUVs with serious design flaws and defective tires are still on the road, despite manufacturers' knowledge that these vehicle pose serious risk for rollovers.
Representing Injured Drivers Since 1999
In addition to our experienced Charleston personal injury attorneys, our team at Pierce | Sloan includes a team of experts and library of prepared documents that we utilize in defective product cases. We have retained engineers and former employees of automakers who agree that these vehicles are unreasonably dangerous. We also research similar claims involving a certain van or SUV model.
Carl E. Pierce and his team have handled every type of case, including:
- 15-passenger van accidents
- Full-size and luxury SUV crashes
- Mini-SUV and Jeep rollovers
- Ford Explorer rollovers linked to tire blowout
- Rollovers of Chevy vans and Dodge / Chrysler vans
- Cooper, Continental, and Bridgestone / Firestone tires
- Yamaha Rhino rollover (side-by-side ATV)
Begin Today: Call (843) 968-0886 for a Free Evaluation
Contact a Charleston personal injury lawyer from our team today for a free case evaluation. Auto manufacturers and their insurance companies will not readily settle SUV rollover claims.
We can help you. Get in touch with Pierce | Sloan for the powerful representation you need to hold them accountable.