Truck Driver Negligence Attorney in Charleston, South Carolina
Pierce | Sloan: Listed in the National Top 100 Trial Lawyers
Our Charleston truck accident attorneys represent clients throughout the state of South Carolina, including clients in the Hilton Head and Charleston areas. Truck driver negligence or reckless driving can lead to devastating injuries or death when an 80,000 pound tractor trailer collides with a smaller vehicle.
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s 2007 study of the causes of truck crashes, the truck was chiefly responsible in 44% of all truck / car collisions.
The most common events leading to unavoidable impact are:
- Trucks crossing the center line or leaving the road
- Losing control of the truck
- Rear-ending another vehicle as a result of following too close
Our Charleston personal injury lawyers from our South Carolina law firm handle personal injury and wrongful death claims arising from truck accidents. We have represented victims and their families in the tri-county area and statewide.
Call us today for your free initial consultation!
Proving Your Truck Driver Was Negligent
Most modern trucks and many newer passenger vehicles are equipped with “black box” recorders that provide invaluable evidence about speed and direction of the vehicles, point of impact, whether the brakes were engaged, and other critical details of the crash. We send professional investigators and accident reconstruction experts to the scene to inspect the wreckage, document skid marks and debris, and identify witnesses. The driver’s logbook can also provide important clues about whether the driver was fatigued from driving too many hours or speeding to meet delivery deadlines.
Turn to Our Charleston Truck Accident Lawyers
Attorney Allan P. Sloan III has handled more than 60 trucking accident cases. He is a member of the National Advisory Board of the Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America. Attorney Allan has successfully demonstrated how truck driver negligence caused or contributed to our clients’ serious or permanent injuries.
Examples of truck driver negligence include:
- Tailgating or misjudging stopping distance
- Driving too fast for conditions, including fog, rain, traffic, or road construction
- Exceeding the speed limit
- Inattention or distraction
- Failure to maintain the lane
- Failure to signal or look when changing lanes
- Blowing a stop sign or red light
- Failing to yield when turning or pulling out
- Failing to check running lights, cargo straps, and doors
- Backing across a road at night
- Drug or alcohol use, including prescription drugs
Free Case Evaluation When You Call Pierce | Sloan
Prompt investigation of your trucking accident is critical to proving truck driver, company, or manufacturer negligence. Contact our Charleston office for a free case evaluation. Our number is (843) 968-0886.