Charleston Bicycle Accident Lawyers
Fighting For Those Who Have Been Injured in Bicycle Accidents in South Carolina
South Carolina's temperate climate means that, for most of the year, bicyclists are using bicycles to get around. While this commuting option is both healthy and environmentally friendly, it also puts bicyclists at continued risk of serious injury or death due to collisions with motor vehicles. These collisions pose an enormous danger to bicyclists, and when they are the result of motorist negligence, the drivers at fault need to be held accountable.
If you are a bicyclist who has been hurt due to motorist negligence, then we invite you to contact our Charleston bicycle accident lawyer at Pierce | Sloan today. At Pierce | Sloan, our Charleston personal injury lawyers know how devastating these collisions can be for bicyclists and have the legal insight and diligence needed to pursue compensation. We have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of clients and bring the same prowess and determination needed to recover the maximum compensation for every bicycle accident case case we handle.
Do not hesitate to start fighting for the relief you deserve. Contact us today to get started with our Charleston bicycle accident attorneys.
How Negligent Motorists Hurt Bicyclists in Charleston
As with car accidents in Charleston, not every bicycle accident is grounds for a personal injury claim. To be eligible for a civil suit, the driver involved must have exhibited negligence on the road. This negligence can be present in any number of ways.
Common examples of motorist negligence in bicycle accidents include:
- Vehicles drift into bicycle lanes (or road shoulders)
- Failure to look at intersections and turns
- Failure to look before exiting a parked vehicle
- Distracted driving due to texting, phones, or devices
- Drunk or fatigued driving (impaired driving)
Did one or more of these elements have a role in the bicycle accident that hurt you? If so, you may have legal options. Contact our bicycle accident law firm today to speak with a dedicated personal injury lawyer in Charleston today. Our Charleston accident team is ready to help you establish any negligence that occurred and aggressively pursue the compensation needed to move on from your accident injuries.
Common Injuries in Bicycle Accidents
Bicycle accidents can result in a wide spectrum of injuries, varying in severity. Common injuries may include:
- Head Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are a significant concern in bicycle accidents, even when wearing a helmet. Concussions, skull fractures, and other head injuries may have lasting effects on a victim's life.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: The impact of a bicycle accident could cause damage to the spinal cord, resulting in paralysis or other debilitating conditions that may require extensive medical care and rehabilitation.
- Fractures and Orthopedic Injuries: Cyclists often suffer from broken bones, dislocations, and other orthopedic injuries due to the force of the impact during an accident.
- Internal Injuries: In some instances, bicycle accidents may lead to internal injuries, like organ damage or internal bleeding, which may not be instantly noticeable but can have serious consequences.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Sprains, strains, and contusions are common soft tissue injuries sustained in bicycle accidents, often causing pain and discomfort that may persist over time.
What Damages Could Be Recovered in a Bicycle Accident Claim?
When pursuing a bicycle accident claim, victims may be eligible to recover various damages to compensate for their losses. Potential damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: This contains present and future medical costs, rehabilitation costs, and expenses related to necessary medical treatments arising from the accident.
- Lost Wages: If the injuries that had been sustained in the bicycle accident stop the victim from working, compensation may be sought for lost earnings, as well as future loss of earning capacity.
- Pain and Suffering: Victims could be qualified for compensation for the physical and emotional pain and suffering they endure as a result of the accident and its aftermath.
- Property Damage: Damages to the bicycle and any other personal property as a result of the accident can be included in the claim.
- Wrongful Death Damages: In the tragic occasion of a fatal bicycle accident, surviving family members may pursue wrongful death damages to cover funeral expenses, loss of companionship, and other related costs.
Contact Our Bicycle Accident Attorney in Charleston Today
Our Charleston bicycle accident lawyers at Pierce, Sloan, Kennedy & Early LLC are ready to provide the legal advocacy you need to secure the compensation you deserve. We understand the challenges victims face in the aftermath of a bicycle accident, and we are committed to fighting for your rights. Contact us today for a consultation, and let us help you navigate the complex legal process while you focus on your recovery.